Tuesday 9 March 2010

Writing: Live To Love To Learn

The latest issue of ACCU's CVu Magazine is out now. It contains the second part of my series on software developers learning: Live To Love To Learn.

This is something I've been looking into a lot recently; I've spent many hours researching, writing and speaking on the subject. Learning is a large topic (seriously vast), and the more I learn about it, the more I realise I don't know!

It's quite a lengthy article this month; looking at some basic learning facts, some interesting models of learning, and investigations into how the brain works in order to gain and retain knowledge. I hope you find it interesting and useful.

This is the 60th column in my Professionalism in Programming series. That means I've been writing these articles for 10 years now. That is a frightening thought!

I should have learnt how to quit by now...

No comments: